Monday, February 11, 2008

Oh, What a Night....

WOW....that's pretty much all the kid can say about World Cafe' Live last night! I'd say people missed an excellent night of music, but apparently not many of you missed it as we sold out WCL yet again!!! As always, I want to personally thank each and every one of you that came out last night and supported the show, you all make our nights everytime with that!



The place got filled early with folks searching for tables and thirsting for every bit of music they could possibly hear. Many many MANY thanks to Natural Selections for opening up everything (somehow I got drafted into being the show host!! It's the shoes I tell you, THE SHOES!). These special ladies and their band really set things off well for the evening, off the bat the crowd knew it was going to be a great night.



Fresh off three days of travel and braving some rough weather coming down, the Josh Dion Band took the stage and tore the house down! I was honored to be able to introduce these guys (and gal) as well, but nothing I could have said could prepare newcomers and old fans of their's alike for the energy and music they brought to us. Plus I found out Pat wrote my FAVORITE JDB song, so he's my new hero. Pat rocks, yeah.....



Oh yeah, these Blue Method guys played last, ever heard of them? I thought you had!! It was a GREAT vibe and tons of fun hitting that stage after these two amazing bands, so great we had to keep their energy with us all night! Thanks to Topaz and Alecia of Natty Selections for helping us out with background vocals, you two are the best! And of course special thanks to Josh and Sarah....and Big Mike, and a bunch of other people (lol) for coming out with us for an encore performance of "Up on Cripple Creek," that was definitely the greatest ending to such a great night!



I wish I could thank each and every one of you personally for coming out, but 550 names are a lot! ONCE AGAIN, THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT BOUGHT TICKETS AND STAYED ALL NIGHT TO PARTY WITH US...AND SUPER SPECIAL THANKS TO THE JOSH DION BAND AND NATURAL SELECTIONS FOR HONORING US WITH YOUR PRESENCE AND MUSIC!!!! Stay tuned kids, last night is just a preview of things to come....

No comments: